Monday, May 19, 2008

The Smell of Death

So I hate saying this, but right now we're living with my in laws and the downstairs bathroom is getting remodeled. The bottom of the shower had large cracks in it and the water was leaking into the laundry room. It was a big mess. So the Mr. Fix it man came exactly one week ago. The man is a retard. He spends maybe 2 total hours working on the bathroom and 3 hours taking unnecessary breaks. Then he leaves and says he won't be coming back until today, one week later. After he was finished last Monday he put all the old fiber glass out the window into the window well for some unknown reason instead of throwing it away. We wake up the next morning to discover the two dogs had torn all the fiber glass out of the window well and spread it all over the back lawn. Moron. So for a week all 10 of us have had to use one bathroom. He came back today and finished the shower, but tore up all the linoleum and found that the water had leaked underneath the linoleum and rotted on the cement. It smells like death in the house. Wait, not just death, but moldy death. I can't function. My whole existence lies in that basement and I can't spend 5.2 seconds down there without gagging, literally gagging. Dagny is down there taking a nap with her door shut and the window open, and luckily the smell hasn't leaked into her room. Mr. Fix it man said that the smell shouldn't harm us because it's not that kind of mold, but don't be surprised if you watch the news tomorrow morning and see that a family of 10 was found dead in their home, dying from mold inhalation. In the meantime, we're all slowly dying of mold inhalation...

4 comments:

Jewls said...

Ha ha! Sarah you totally crack me up! I definitely feel bad about the mold smell though! I have a really strong gag reflex and if something smells bad it makes me puke! I hope that the retarded fix-it man gets everything taken care of!

Unknown said...

10 people with one bathroom...oh man, that must be tough! I hope it gets fixed soon!

The Stone's said...

Oh Sarah that is awful! I think now is a really good time for you to come and visit us! A really good time! Man, I'd be calling Get Gephardt before you could even say mold inhalation! That's got to be against some health code!!!

Krystle Ricks said...

Please don't die Sarah... Someone has to read my blog! haha That SUCKS!!! Your repair man sounds like he's from Carlsbad! My parents had a pipe break in their back yard and it flooded the kitchen and the plumbers didn't come for about three months and then it took them a month to fix the stupid pipe, and charged 5,000 more than they estimated!!! you can't live with them, you can't live without them! I hate that. But I hope that things are getting better, I'm sorry you are going through such an ordeal... Oh well, Maybe it will make the marriage stronger... some day. Haha!