Saturday, May 17, 2008

Taking a Stroll in the Fabric Store

I really should know better by now, but for some reason I always get sucked into shopping at fabric stores with my mother in law. I hate shopping at fabric stores, but my mother in law told me about this really cute fleece that matches Dagny's crib set (which still isn't finished by the way, and Dagny is 9 months old) so I thought, you know, I really would like to tie a fleece blanket for Dagny.  So against my better judgement, I went.  Now, first off, my mother in law is crazy. She knows it, I know it, everyone knows it. But when she enters a fabric store it's crazy x ten. She insists on looking at every single fabric in the store and tries to convince anyone that's with her how that particular swatch would look incredible on their son/daughter.  She insists that she could spend an entire day at a fabric store if she had the time. Heaven help us!  Today I took Dagny with me and she was fine at first, but after the 3rd fabric store she was not a happy camper. In fact, she was a downright pissed off camper.  She was screaming and throwing her little tantrums because it was naptime.  We finally bought what we went for, but Dagny and I were so pissed off by the end of the journey that I could have cared less about that stupid fleece. We bought it and all is well in the world, but now I'm thinking to myself, does Dagny really need another blanket? I swear she has a gazillion of them already and that's only one baby down, many more to go. So the moral of the story is, if I ever mention that I'm considering going to a fabric store with my mother in law, please, please remind me to say NO!

3 comments:

Krystle Ricks said...

HAHA!!! I didn't know fabric could be so frustrating! Yeah, I bought Barry some batman fleece to tie a blanket... before we were married. I started feeling too guilty when he kept asking me to finish it so I recently shoved it in my hope chest. Good Luck with your blanket! I hope you are more driven than me!

Unknown said...

Did you get a million blankets at your baby showers?! I did, and it is so hard to give them away, especially if someone made them for you. I finally got rid of some of them, and then I got a few more when I had Parker! The whole thing is crazy. How many blankets does a little baby need?!

The Stone's said...

I want you to go to a fabric store everyday just so I can read your posts about it and laugh my guts out! You are so hilarious! My favorite part was "pissed off camper". HA HA HA! So funny!