Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunny's Blessing



Sunny was blessed a few weeks ago and of course we forgot to take pictures until after we got home from church, so as you can see, he was pretty pissed off. My mother in law has kept all of her children's blessing outfits so this outfit is 26 years old, but still looks brand new. I was so glad that Sunny was able to wear this because every boy blessing outfit that I could find looked like a mini tuxedo and I was not a fan. I wanted something unique and this outfit is super cute. We tilted his hat slightly so he looked gangsta, pretty much the coolest baby in the congregation. The only downfall was that the outfit is made of some sort of wool and was super scratchy. That's probably why he was so upset. He slept through the entire blessing, which was a blessing, (no pun intended) unlike his sister who screamed through her blessing. Noah said he kept having the feeling that he needed to include in his blessing that he would be a great wrestler, but wasn't sure how to say it appropriately. I'm not sure of his exact words, but he made it work. It turned out really well even though it snuck up on us really fast and we forgot to invite some people, which we feel really bad about!

3 comments:

Jewls said...

That outfit is adorable! What a sweet little guy! I'm loving that Noah blessed him to be a great wrestler..that cracks me up!

Becktacular Duo! said...

I'm glad you commented on the outfit, because that's the first thing I thought of when i saw the pictures- what an awesome outfit! Seriously, he looks so great! Congrats!

The Stone's said...

Cute Cute! That's so fun. When we had Paislee blessed, my nephew screamed the whole time which prevented me from hearing a lot of what Trev said. I had to make him give me an overview after we got home! You look great!